Party Wall Notices

Notices – Valid Party Wall Notices must be served by the person who wishes to exercise rights under the act (see rights)

You have a number of options when receiving served notices:  to do nothing, to agree to the building owner’s party wall surveyor as the agreed surveyor or to appoint their own Party Wall Surveyor. If they appoint their own party wall surveyor, or if the Building Owner exercise the legal option available to appoint a party wall surveyor on their behalf, there will be two party wall surveyors – these two party wall surveyor should primarily check each other’s credential and authority to act and then should immediately agree a third surveyor. serving Thanet, Kent and London

Bruce Spenser MSc MCIOB Managing Director